Sunday, March 9, 2008

Humpty Dumpty



I recently went out to a province called Bamian. I've got a bunch of pictures I'd like to load up so you can see them but the internet here is poor. I'll try to send them to Julie and maybe she can help out. Bamian is where the Taliban destroyed three 1500 year old huge buddha's in 2001. We were right next to them so we got drop in and see what remains. Now they are just massive alcoves and rubble. The pieces are all covered in plastic to protect them because there is some interest in reconstructing them...but after checking out the rubble it looks like it would have been easier to tackle the Humpty-Dumpty job. But what good is all this without pictures?!? I'll send some to Julie. Until then wikipedia will have to do! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamyan

1 comment:

Reflections of Heart said...

Wow...what an experience Craig! Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time! Makes me feel sure that the Lord wants us where we can be of help to others...and vice versa.
Love,
Jen

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors