Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bizarre Birthday!

I've been having plenty of fun with the kids since I got home. Yesterday was Logan's birthday and the day before was Madison's birthday -- Lisa had birthday arrangements all squared away but it was still a great excuse to make a cake. Kerrigan and I made this crazy messy cake -- looks like something from a Dr. Seuss book to me! Jen, this is what we did with the Wonka bar -- it was all I could do to not let Kerrigan cover the whole thing in the pop rocks you sent! She was the "Designer". Anyway, nothing like excessive frosting to make a cake tasty. Oh, and I have to take full blame for this cake being what we had for dinner that night too...so much for promoting good nutrition but it was good fun. We slapped a couple of "7" candles in for the 5 and 8 year old, they blew them out and then we chowed down. Good times.

2 comments:

Julie Barfuss said...

pop rocks on cake! That's great!! I specifically remember requesting cinnamon bears on my cake when I was a kid! I say any kind of candy is fair game when you are a kid!

Reflections of Heart said...

Love it! Wish I could have had a piece....I like the pop rock topping idea....I wonder what that would be like over ice cream????
Jen

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors