Thursday, May 8, 2008

more photos of the clinic

With what we are trying to do I've really dedicated a lot more time to the Egyptian hospital. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd be developing relationships with Egyptian doctors. Truthfully, I really enjoy these docs. We have completely different views on a lot of fundamental issues. Democracy, freedom of speech, women's rights, morality and modesty are all common topics that we talk about and differ on -- but medicine brings us together. We sit down and go to work to take care of people. Below are a few pictures of Dr. Shawqi and I in the pediatric clinic

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Hey Craig, Seems like to me that when you took that trip a million years ago, when you were young, and you shared your pictures with me ,you said Egypt was a scary place and I wouldn't want to go there. Do you remember? I read your whole blog it was very interesting.
Love ya. Sister Kimberlin

Craig said...

Knowing more always changes everything. Knowing these Egyptian docs has really changed my opinion of the whole country. Scary place? Yes. It's a culture where we are misunderstood just as we misunderstand them. The combination of ignorance and passion will scare me every time.

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors