Thursday, February 21, 2008

Julie's Aircast



Ok...not a Craig related post...but just something fun from me (Julie!). I think I told Leigh Anne, some time ago, that I would post a picture of my lovely "boot" that I get to wear everywhere I go. This is it. :) Isn't it divine?

I actually think it is very ridiculous looking. I've had many comments and references to the fact that it looks like a Storm Trooper from Star Wars. ( I agree ) Basically, there are air "channels" inside the boot that surround my ankle and foot. They DO provide some nice support to my ankle. However, whenever I take the boot off (at the end of the day) my ankle has swollen and conformed to the shape of the boot...and pretty much, it is square. Kind-of funny...if it wasn't so sad. But, a few hours elevated and some icing...and it looks pretty normal. I am even getting pretty good at walking in the boot!

3 comments:

Craig said...

Stormtrooper was the first word in my mind when I saw that thing too! When do you get that thing off?

A said...

No kidding, I was thinking along the lines of Riot Gear!

Julie Barfuss said...

Ha! I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon on Friday...and I "graduated" to an ankle brace. Couldn't be happier...because I really hated that boot. Not to mention, that with my new brace I can wear shoes, and now, (drumroll please....) I can drive!!! :)

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors