Saturday, February 9, 2008

Updates from Afar


I got an email from Craig today...so, I thought I would share this photo and some tidbits he shared with me. First of all, if any of you are inclined to send him emails I believe he loves to get email and hear what is going on in your life. Just don't expect a response. He might reply...but he might not! (he's busy, and really, he only guarantees replies to LeighAnne and the kids) At any rate, this is the best email address to reach him in a timely manner: craig.mchood@afghan.swa.army.mil

That said, here's his description of the eye photo: "that is a picture of me looking at a guy's eye who had some metal stuck in his cornea....it's goofed up though. My medic had put the dye in his eye too long before I was looking...so when I first took a look there was no dye...I put more in. In the pic the dye is the goo in the pan! It would have been a much better picture if it had been taking when his eyeball was aglow! Anyway, he's fine now." I think I've had that glow in the dark stuff in my eye before too...or at least something similar in a appointment with my Opthamalogist! I remember it being not so pleasant. :)

Craig also said: "I'm actually really busy. this is good because it makes time fly. Things aren't bad. I got a new mattress....it's hard as a rock but it is clean and I do like firm...chow is good...and I get a good work out in on most every day. I like taking care of soldiers. And I'm looking at all the immense number of things I can do while I'm here to improve the Afghani medical system from teaching docs, providing care to the people, working on medical supply logistics, helping to assess existing structures and planning for new ones...just use your imagination. there's plenty to do. I won't come home and be able to ever say there wasn't anything to do. I have great folks to work with and that makes life good too. What else can I say? Yeah, it's cold...just like Utah! We don't have as much snow though. we got about 8 inches the other day and that's all i've seen other than flurries....it is starting to warm up a bit here too....just over 32 almost every day. still in the teens or 0-10 every night though."

Oh! I also got this snowy picture...no description though, So, I'm thinking it is just an illustration of the cold, cold, snowy weather. (I was kind-of complaining to Craig about all the snow here at my house (about 18+ inches this week alone) and how it is really cramping my broken ankle hobbling style!)

1 comment:

Claudia Hansen - Johnson said...

I LOVE this blog!! Craig it was so fun to get a call from you.....Do you think I can have more than one birthday a year??
It makes me so happy that skype is working and your girls get to see you and interact with you. The photos are really good. The curtains must stay - no matter what Julies advice is.
Love you tons!
Mom

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors