Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pioneer Trek


We went on a pioneer trek last week. 4 days, 3 nights of handcart pulling and camping near Dillon. Before I went I thought it would be good -- but now that I'm back I have to say it was great. One of the best things I've ever done. One of the best parts? Getting to know Darby, Derick, Josiah, Tyler, Kelsi and Travis -- and spending four days with Leigh Anne!




Our Trail Boss.


Kelsi was always ready to help.


This was our 'Martin's Cove' location


I don't think the slingshot ever left Josiah's hand...he probably slept with it!




Bro. Lundell always led the way.


A little line, a hook and whatever was under a nearby rock hooked us a little extra dinner.




Pioneer sunscreen.


Great scenes everywhere...definitely where the antelope roam.


Great to have musical talent along the way.




I mostly just tried to slow these guys down. Mustangs.




We did get our fair share or rain -- and wind!










Pony express letters at sunset. Great way to end the day.

1 comment:

Julie Barfuss said...

Oh man...looks like an amazing time! I {loved} pioneer trek. I'm so glad you guys got to experience it! Now that you've been...can you even believe I got asked to be IN CHARGE of my stake's trek? (what were they thinking?) :)

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors