Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Little Bear Ride's Again!


Last night Little Bear rode again. I don't think I've ever told the story about how he became such a permanent member of the family so here it is.


I came across Little Bear when Kerrigan was two -- just gave him to Kerrigan on a whim. A few days later I came home late from work one night, everyone was in bed and I found Little bear tucked into a little tiny bed on my bedside stand. There was a reading lamp focused right on top of him so I wouldn't miss him. Kerrigan had left him there for me. She did this night after night whenever I was late. It became a regular thing -- when I came home late I'd find Little Bear at my bedside with a little picture or card or set up having a tea party. Then when I left town Kerrigan would send Little Bear with me. Of all the little toys that have come and gone, Little Bear has somehow stuck around.
Last night I got home from a week in Boston. There at bedside I found Little Bear riding a dinosaur with toy binoculars around his neck. Little Bear rides again! Just another one of the little things that's fun about being a parent.

2 comments:

KJenx said...

fun tradition!

Jen said...

How cute is that? What a great little ritual.

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors