Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What will they remember?


Yellowstone geysers and mud pots are great. It will be interesting to see what the kids actually remember but they seemed to enjoy the adventure. Kerrigan seemed fascinated that the geyser water was so hot and just had to do her science experiment. She put a straw in to see if it would melt (it did). Lily just ran all over the place doing her funky kabuki dance -- not too different from what she was doing at target today. Joshua thought the fumes were really stinky and just couldn't stand them at all! What do I remember about Yellowstone when I was there as a kid? I remember camping and spilling orange juice on a picnic bench and the OJ froze solid before my mom could wipe it up -- and that it was a really cool place...

3 comments:

A said...

Im lovin those shoes on Josh! This picture will be one that will come back to haunt him

Craig said...

You've got sharp eyes...yeah, the day we left I packed up all the vehicles and when I said, "Let's go!" all my barefoot children started looking for their shoes! And along the way somehow some shoes got misplaced -- josh came out the worst but since his feet are the same size as Lily's we had him wear hers!

Jen said...

I remember loving the smell of those sulphuric stink pots -- was I weird or what? (P.S. My teenage daughter Hannah thinks Kerrigan is a cool name!)

Look Who has been visiting...

Contributors